donderdag 10 januari 2013

The Real Me...




Kiekeboe.... I am here...I did not leave this open space in 2013!  Best wishes to all of you for the new 12 months that are ahead of us.  Most of us  have many wishes and hopes in the year to come... I had a few last year and believe me they did come true...  I did hold my breath a few times but in most cases everything turned out for the best or even the better.  2012 was for me a turning point on many levels.

Stallie is also not the type to make any new years resolutions.  It does not work for me because I have found out that I basically have to work 12 months day in day out at what I consider important, what I want to feel like and to keep myself in shape and in balance. Believe me that is already enough work load to keep me busy for a very long time and this without any extra resolutions.

There is only one thing that I want to get over before the first weeks of 2013 are the past and it has been nagging inside of my mind.  It is something that I have not managed to get done in 2012. Even tempted calling it urgent in order to get over.   Yes, I tried once out here before and then failed.  Why? Well, because I am just not that good at this kind of thing... telling very openly what I am good at.  It feels forced and not natural having to say what I do consider Stallie her hallmarks.  More then ever I believe that when it comes down to me that 'what you see is what you get' but you need to take your time and look very closely to find out who the real Stallie is. I am not giving myself away that easily...

But this time I have to tell you up, close and personal what I am good at... you might even not want to hear this but it is important that I do this out here and now... *taking a deep sigh* and *turning up my music*

Well...here we go:

1. I am a good listener.
2. I am good at creative thinking.
3. I am good at speaking an other language (and I even tempted to say more then 1) then my mother tongue.
4. I am good at sharing..... anything and I am not only talking about sweets.
5. I am good at remembering faces, places, music, 'strange' facts, dates, smells,tastes, words etc...
6. I am good at being a friend in many shapes and forms.
7. I am good at writing (it took me years to believe it but I don't think that I ever going to be as good as my dad was)
8. I am good at paying attention... I see very tiny details around me what has helped me many times in my classroom and beyond.
9. I am good at speaking up in public but only if I get to hold on to a gigantic cue card....
10. I am emotional intelligent because I might already have seen or felt something that others might have missed.
11. I am good at not giving up... I might need five or longer but deep down I know that sometimes the harder, steeper, longer way is my way and perhaps the only route I want to take.
12. I am good at keeping a  secret, promise and deadline.
13. I am good at keeping my focus under pressure.
14. I am good at dancing.....

15. I am good using the talents I was given. This in a wisely manner and try to nurture them on a daily basis...it is a commitment I made with myself because the people close by or far off (some of these have helped to shape me and I made a few of them and myself the promise when I met these people even if it was only for a short period of time but their impact is beyond words but very much alive inside of me and it is kicking) deserve it to get the 100% real Stallie...
 
Enough? Well, I think so... at least for now...You might not agree with this list and perhaps see or think something totaly something different about me... but that is not what this is about.  In this entry I for once am trying to judge myself with my eyes wide open and without having to hit the delete button. It is not easy and believe me it has taken me so much longer to hit the publish button for this entry.  I am drained and in four minutes 'Silent Witness' is on and even now that it will be without 'Harry'/Tom Ward I am going to stay a fan because I am also good at being faithful...


Chances are that I am even might take it off after 24 hours... so enjoy this rather unique entry as long as it lasts...

P.S.: For once the picture and the music do not match the title or the content much but this is also the real me...I am good at not making sense but don't feel bad about it...











Geen opmerkingen: