maandag 2 januari 2012

2012 is a fact!




Because I am still kind of wrapped up in colorful serpetine and that there are still some bottles of champagne to finish I do take the freedom to let others wish you a Happy New Year. But these words have been chosen carefully and I hope that all of you out there are already are finding out that the year 2012 is a brand new adventure! Hope to share many blog posts with you! Thanks for being still with me out here!

Tick Tock

I’m writing this in a state of shock,
Watching the clock—tick tock, tick tock,
Advancing, approaching, relentlessly,
A brand new year; Oh, can it be?

The calendar says the same thing, too;
Time races, vanishes for me; Boo hoo!
No, wait! If time flies, I’m having fun!
A year of fun! It’s gone! It’s done!

I now embrace the blur of time,
Because it simply means that I’m
Too busy with pleasure, joy, delight
To mourn the passing days’ swift flight.

So I’m wishing you fast, happy days,
Pleasuring you in myriad ways,
Filled with happiness and cheer,
Oh Happy, Happy Bright New Year!

By Joanna Fuchs


Geen opmerkingen: