maandag 23 juli 2012

What A Difference A Day Made


'Oh, what a difference a day can make.', I did think last night when I was driving home after spending a day with my family. Not just a day! No, it was perhaps the first day of Summer in Belgium.  That I got to spend it with my family was in a way a last minute decission but sometimes these kind of decissions can turn a day into a special day.

I am going to be a bit selfish and not sharing you word by word what I did experience yesterday.  Because in a way it was a very intense, emotional, sunny, delightful, sweet, memorable, fun, warm, bubbling and many more emotions to describe the first day of Summer. 

Instead I am going to share a few images, words & music to get the message across about a day  that  wish to bottle up and uncork when I am in need of something to cheer me up on a rainy day! This was one of such days fit to end up in a bottle of Dom PĂ©rignon!  And for the moment I am very grateful for what I have been given.  Even more when I get to spend that split second in the sun! 

By means of words:

"Tinkling wind chimes
Soaring kites
Scenes of Summer
Long, balmy nights
Aircraft against blue sky
Vapour trail writing
Lawn mowers buzzing
Barbecue lighting
Fun bouncy castles
Families out biking
Backpacks on
Walking and hiking
Splishing and splashing
Paddling pool or beach
Summer fruit tasting
Berries, kiwi and peach
Ice cream and soda
Picnics by streams
A slow game of cricket
On small village greens
A punt on the river
Or sail out to sea
Windsurf or kitesurf
Happy Summer Days for free. "

(Pauline Oliver)

By means of a picture of my beloved godchild Ella:

'ALICE AND THE CHESHIRE CAT'




By the means of music:

Geen opmerkingen: