dinsdag 18 december 2012

The 'Lady' In The Mirror


 

I have got a blog and do blog about things that matter to me or  that I have got something to say about.  Writing a blog gives me a space to open up and let out the words that you might hold back. This year I have not been that active but I had lots of things going on in the non-digital world. Not that I have got any intentions of quitting out here.  The blog is now a part of me.  But what does it tell about me? Is there in most blog entries something that tells you who I really am?  Would you be able to describe me by means of this blog?

Now please do not start to leave comments about what you think about me because that is not what I am after.  More important I have to note it down myself. No, I am not kidding, it is even an assignment.  Plus I have to stay quite positive about it without walking into the dark woods. *deep seigh*

I mean how can you start writing a text describing yourself. It is like you are asked to write a commercial about yourself. And I have been told over and over by my parents and many adults who tried to put some sense into me that it is not decent to boost about yourself. Plus I do believe in the words that 'Nobody is perfect.' But then there is Garfield echooing in my head who says then with his typical cat-grin:'I am Nobody!'.

And I do have got an other issue going on with this because I do think it are others that kind of define you. It are the people around you who are the ones who use the words that can describe you. The remarks, criticism,opinions, etc.... are all words that can give you more depth. But how many times do you talk about yourself or have a positive monologue about your own content?

Not for nothing stands the mirror symbol for vanity.  Okay, I do stand now and then in an elevator with a mirror and will then look at myself and then whisper to myself:'YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH WORSE! SO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!' I might then even give myself a slap in the face and once the elevator doors open I snap back into my safe mode.  Many of you will recognise this....

Just put this way: I am not good at promoting myself or coming up with things that I am quite good at. The fact is that I did promise a few people that I was going to give it a try and no I am not going to copy the content of my job interview. That would be kind of cheating.  So this morning I did take a good look at myself in the mirror and did try to look passed the wrinkles and the dark circles.  It was already mind exercise #1 trying to keep focused on the postive things.

So......
..................
Euh....

*gettting up to get a drink*
 Okay, well .......

*putting some xmas music on*
Come on!  Can't be that hard, can it.....
..................

*staring blank at the screen of my computer*
 .................

*head landing on the keyboard*

Guess it won't be for today..... but at least I gave it a try!





Geen opmerkingen: