woensdag 13 januari 2010

The big black hole



I am not afraid of many things but I do admit that the dentist is still one of them.
When I was little I had nightmare about the guy and I remember that I just wanted to kill him when he was stuffing one of those tampons into my mouth. Also the drilling sound and the saliva that was vacuumed out of my mouth made a trip even less appealing.
But once the guy became more then just the dentist I had to change my attitude about his profession. During my teens he was the one who asked if I wanted to babysit his 3kids. So suddenly I had to brush my teeth in the house of my dentist and I was even having breakfast in his company!
There was even this time that I was spending more time at his house then anywhere else. By the time I left for the States his family even considered themselves my fosterfamily! Of course it was a bit weird to walk in for a cup of tea and then unexpectedly land in that torture chair; 'Sorry dear, I thaught I saw somthing. But I guess I was mistaken!' My teeth got the five star treatment.
So right now I am in a pickle because I need a dentist and pronto! The last few days I started to get this strange sensation in my mouth that there was something going on. I called my DD (dear dentist) to make an appointment and got one a few weeks away form today. The nice assistent over the phone convinced me that I would be fine and that my tooth would be still going strong. I believed her and just put the phone down and then got into the car to pick up A and right there at school while parking my car I felt suddenly half of my tooth but not where it belonged.
Now I am sitting here with in my mouth more than one half tooth less, a very strange sensation in there, a filling in my back pocket of my jeans and in my Molleskine a dentist appointment next to tiny birthday cake that I put there to mark my birthday!
So I am going to celebrate my birthday in the chair of the dentist but I bet that she will advice me not to have any birthdaycake after I will leave her office with a newly shaped tooth! Guess that is for sure is going to be a birthday that I am not going to forget easily. Just don't hope it is going to be most painful of all!

Geen opmerkingen: