woensdag 13 oktober 2010

Cold, Sunny Mornings




The few last days we have been blessed (at least, over here in Belgium) with some nice Autumn weather! Once the morning has pulled out its grey atire the sun does come out and brightens up the surroundings. Like it! To me it does not even matter that temperature-wise it already feels a bit cooler. Can also handle the darker mornings I need to tackle in order to get to work.

Still, this morning I found out over the radio that snow is coming closer to home. Yesterday it hit Moscow and that I do consider already close enough to feel cold. But today they announced that Scotland and the North of England would get to see snowflakes.

Scotland!!! Northern England!!! That is too close to home to my personal liking. A is already wearing his winter coat. Still his old one! The new one we are desperately seaking for but shopping seems to be the last thing on our busy minds! Because A does not have some extra heating (fat) he is the first to call out that something is tropical warm or freezing cold.


My skin is also spilling the beans on this colder period of the year! So I will be moisturizing in order to hide the flakes that are covering up my face!!! My cheeks will be turning red when I am taking a peek outside! My hands will be itching all over and turn red when I not attack them with enough sticky cream. And last not but least my back injury will be announcing its comeback! Hernias have the tendency to let you know that the cold monster has invated once more your body!

Still, I have restored the faith in my personal list! Did not take me that long to refocus. I only try to moan about situations, places, feelings, current affairs and global issues for perhaps split seconds and then move on. Not that I do not care about them! Surely I do but the world keeps on turning and I do not wish to get of the merry go round as long as I still have that option.

To cheer up my colder mornings and also evenings that are bound to show up in heaps I bought yesterday a new CD! I do now own 'In and Out of Consciousness' by Robbie Williams. All his greatest hits from between 1990-2010 are in that one carton box. Not all I like also think that Robbie has got some serious issues going on. But lately, he seems to get/sing his act together. Getting married and then decide that joining back the old gang (Take That) are for sure some hopefull signs!

My personal favorite: Morning Sun. Very fitting to listen to when driving to work while the sun is coming up and an other day is about to start. And yes, it does not help entirely to chase away my notorious bad morning moods but it does make me feel much more alive. So thanks Robbie, that you once in a while come out of unconsciousness and then see the (sun)light.

How do you rate the morning sun
After a long and sleepless night?
How many stars would you give to the moon?
Do you see those stars from where you are?
Shine on the lost and loneliest
The ones who can't get over it
You always wanted more than life
But now you don't have the appetite
In a message to the troubadour
The world don't love you anymore
Tell me how do you rate the morning sun?
Stuck inside the rainbow yields
You could happen to be
Cause I've been close to where you are

I drove to places you have seen
It all seems so familiar
Like they've been sent to kill you
It doesn't take an astronaut
To float in the space is just a thought
The morning brings a mystery
The evening makes it history
Tell me how do you rate the morning sun?


And the village drunk
Sadly passed away,
It was a shame I never knew his name
I wonder if he sat there every the morning
Watched the sunrise


How do you rate the morning sun
It's just to heavy for me
And all I wanted was the world
If you were the stars that's in the sun
Don't go wasting your time
Cause there is no finish line
And you don't see anything,
Not even love not anything,
The night can take the man from you
A sense of wonder overdue
The morning brings a mystery
The evening makes it history
Who am I to rate the morning sun?


( source: Robbie Williams)

Geen opmerkingen: